Product Manager/Sr. Product Manager
Aries Pharmaceuticals, Inc. of San Diego, CA, a specialty pharmaceutical company founded in mid-2016, is focused on commercializing best-in-class products to treat gastrointestinal diseases. Aries is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cosmo Pharmaceuticals, N.V. and leads all US commercialization activity. Aries first product, Eleview, an injectable composition intended for use in gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures, was launched in May of 2017.
Aries has a robust pipeline of three late-stage gastrointestinal products. The PM/SPM will help shape the commercialization strategy and tactical implementation for the planned 2018 US launch of our first pharmaceutical product within the colorectal cancer market (proprietary Methylene Blue MMX® for detection of pre-cancerous and cancerous lesions and polyps throughout the colon).
This position is responsible for supporting the development, implementation, and management of product promotional strategies and activities including brand development, launch initiatives, advertising campaigns, collateral development, conferences, vendor management, market research and analysis, budgeting and monitoring the competitive landscape.
Location: This is a San Diego based position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of annual business plans, product positioning and strategies, and marketing program creation
- Work to ensure company objectives through on-strategy execution of the annual Marketing plan in every area of responsibility (Advertising and Promotion, Conferences, Medical Education, and/or Segment Marketing, etc.)
- Develop promotional campaigns, messages, programs and communication tools
- Engage with key customers, speakers, and Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) as needed to ensure creation and seamless roll out of high impact, high value marketing programs
- Plan and oversee execution of activities related to conferences
- Manage and coordinate the work of ad agency, medical education partners and various external vendors including acquiring necessary budget estimates, contracts, purchase orders, invoices, etc.
- Collaborate with Sales Training to ensure effective sales force training and pull through of promotional messaging, tools and programs
- Effectively interact with sales force to understand needs and handle requests
- Communicate brand performance and strategies effectively to senior management
- Provide product evaluation and performance tracking for products of responsibility
- Budget responsibility including creation, spend, reconciliation and developing metrics to monitor effectiveness and/or program success
- Interpret and translate scientific clinical data into commercial applications
- Monitor competitive activity and identify customer needs
- Assists in establishing and maintaining consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events
- Travel to conferences / rep-rides (as needed)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Generally requires a BA/BS degree in biological sciences, pharmacy, marketing or business administration
- Minimum 4 years of US pharmaceutical product management preferred with additional experience desired, including pharmaceutical field sales, advertising agency and/or pharmaceutical market research
- Functional knowledge of gastroenterology desirable
- Success in introducing new pharmaceutical products to market
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills essential
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills required
- Team and project leadership skills