If you wish to apply, please send us your resume and an accompanying letter supporting your application to:
If you want to be part of building something special – come join us! At Aries we are building a world class organization that fosters and encourages Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability, and Success.
Current Job Openings
Aries Pharmaceuticals, Inc. of San Diego, CA, a specialty pharmaceutical company founded in mid-2016, is focused on commercializing best-in-class products to treat gastrointestinal diseases. Aries is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cosmo Pharmaceuticals, N.V. and leads all US commercialization activity. Aries first product, Eleview, an injectable composition intended for use in gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures, was launched in May of 2017.
Aries has a robust pipeline of three late-stage gastrointestinal products. The PM/SPM will help shape the commercialization strategy and tactical implementation for the planned 2018 US launch of our first pharmaceutical product within the colorectal cancer market (proprietary Methylene Blue MMX® for detection of pre-cancerous and cancerous lesions and polyps throughout the colon).
This position is responsible for supporting the development, implementation, and management of product promotional strategies and activities including brand development, launch initiatives, advertising campaigns, collateral development, conferences, vendor management, market research and analysis, budgeting and monitoring the competitive landscape.
Location: This is a San Diego based position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of annual business plans, product positioning and strategies, and marketing program creation
- Work to ensure company objectives through on-strategy execution of the annual Marketing plan in every area of responsibility (Advertising and Promotion, Conferences, Medical Education, and/or Segment Marketing, etc.)
- Develop promotional campaigns, messages, programs and communication tools
- Engage with key customers, speakers, and Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) as needed to ensure creation and seamless roll out of high impact, high value marketing programs
- Plan and oversee execution of activities related to conferences
- Manage and coordinate the work of ad agency, medical education partners and various external vendors including acquiring necessary budget estimates, contracts, purchase orders, invoices, etc.
- Collaborate with Sales Training to ensure effective sales force training and pull through of promotional messaging, tools and programs
- Effectively interact with sales force to understand needs and handle requests
- Communicate brand performance and strategies effectively to senior management
- Provide product evaluation and performance tracking for products of responsibility
- Budget responsibility including creation, spend, reconciliation and developing metrics to monitor effectiveness and/or program success
- Interpret and translate scientific clinical data into commercial applications
- Monitor competitive activity and identify customer needs
- Assists in establishing and maintaining consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events
- Travel to conferences / rep-rides (as needed)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Generally requires a BA/BS degree in biological sciences, pharmacy, marketing or business administration
- Minimum 4 years of US pharmaceutical product management preferred with additional experience desired, including pharmaceutical field sales, advertising agency and/or pharmaceutical market research
- Functional knowledge of gastroenterology desirable
- Success in introducing new pharmaceutical products to market
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills essential
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills required
- Team and project leadership skills
Aries Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on commercializing best in class products to treat gastrointestinal diseases. Aries Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aries Group, Ltd. which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cosmo Pharmaceuticals, N.V.
Aries first approved product, Eleview, is an injectable composition intended for use in gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures. In addition, the company has a robust pipeline of three late-stage gastrointestinal focused products. Aries is building the infrastructure in San Diego, CA to commercialize these products starting with the launch of Eleview which recently took place in early May.
The Director of Value & Access will help lead Aries’ creation and implementation of best-in-class Value & Access capabilities leading to access and profit optimization of Aries’ pharmaceutical and device product portfolio. This individual will be a key member of the commercial leadership team, and serve as a principal contributor to integrate cross functional efforts and shape commercialization strategy within the US market.
Primary emphasis will be to design and implement go-to-market commercialization strategies for Aries’ intended launch of three GI specialty pharmaceutical products over the next 18-24 months. Key activities will focus on creating and communicating compelling product value proposition aligned with customer needs and access decision process; engage with external stakeholders to inform and validate specific products and company strategies; develop the information, tools and resources for customers and company personnel that support optimal market access; and help formulate channel and payer engagement strategies for every lifecycle phase.
The position does not currently have direct reports but future expansion is possible.
Location: San Diego, CA
- Create a vision and strategic plan for Value & Access across all company products in alignment with the objectives of US Commercial Operations.
- Maintain strategic and operational alignment with Account Management, Trade and Contracting organizations in areas of payer marketing, value proposition development, pricing and contracting strategies, and admin fees/rebate negotiations.
- Fully understand and stay abreast of the complex and ever-changing US payer and channel landscape; assess challenges and impact on Aries’ current and future products; identify key trends and requirements for decision makers, reimbursement authorities, and payers.
- Interface with key stakeholders and influencers, including payer, HCP, government, advocacy, & patient entities to represent company interests, appropriately influence policies, rulemaking and coverage, coding, and payment policies for Aries products in alignment with key company interests.
- Analyze situation in terms of coverage and reimbursement of Aries products, existing and emerging payer policies, competitive landscape and trends, pricing and contracting strategies/trade-offs, potential barriers to provider and patient access, and opportunities to influence improved outcomes.
- Work closely with Medical Affairs and R&D to provide recommendations and rationale for evidence development plans in terms of health economic, patient centric and real-world effectiveness data. Contribute to clinical/HEOR studies and medical communication activities to advance market access goals.
- Work closely with Commercial and Medical teams on channel communication strategies including development of disease education presentations, value dossier, and other product and support education.
- Build product value propositions, programs, tools, resources, and market responses to better position and influence favorable access and patient persistency; achieve cost-effective, efficient delivery of products and services to payers, providers, and patients.
- Generate insights to understand and validate product value through continuous key stakeholder engagement (e.g. market research, advisory boards, interviews, account visits, etc.).
- Help assess, identify and manage potential programs such as patient financial assistance (PAP), and co-pay support.
- Align Value & Access strategic and tactical plans to integrate with and achieve Aries strategic commercial initiatives and revenue forecasts; heighten the integral role of Market Access within the commercial operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Collaborate with Aries Stakeholders to provide insight and support in key areas including:
- Pricing & Contracting: price setting, monitoring, and management strategy; contracting strategy for key sites of care and channels.
- Payer Strategy: strategic account targeting and strategy; Account Management strategy and implementation; Reimbursement Strategy (Coverage, Coding, and Payment).
- Patient Access Programs: patient assistance programs; co-pay support programs; foundation support strategy; field reimbursement support services.
- Trade: distribution and dispensing strategies; account team for 3PL, wholesalers / distributors, Specialty Pharmacy.
- Minimum of 8 years of pharmaceutical or relative industry experience in positions related to Market Access/Managed Markets.
- In depth understanding of US Market Access, pricing and reimbursement dynamics, requirements and regulations.
- Experience in Gastroenterology Therapeutic Area and Hospital and/or Ambulatory Surgery Center markets desired.
- Experience in product launch readiness, including development of product value communication strategy and tools (e.g. dossier, models, etc.).
- Ability to design and conduct market research to support product value.
- Must be flexible, able to manage multiple tasks, and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Function independently.